Sunday, July 15, 2012

High Availability Solution in SQL

Many times a novice DBA thinks what to do when his seniors and manager just make him struck with high availability solutions and he is given the task for ultimate solution design . This post normally deals with my situation as I join the company soon three experience DBA left and I was one of replacements for the expert DBA but having no experience is another blessing :) You learn a lot and feel the responsibility thinking no one is gonna pamper you.  My manger told me to work on a high availability solution which was not available in our enviroment. My manger and other collegues were more of infrastructure guy so I start searching a good solution.

So, following are the solutions pretty common all over the web. But million dollar question which solution fit your environment the answer to this question belong to only one group or one person that may be you or that may be the one dealing with database him/herself.

I am not going in detail of what they are. There is plenty of Microsoft online documentation for that I shall be giving a briefly going over about these and then taking scenario's in which I used these technologies for better explanation.

High Availability Solutions for SQL
1) Mirroring
2)Clustering


P.S. Please click the Mirror link to go and access the information

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts