Tuesday, October 16, 2012

WAMP Server Not Starting

For more than 3 hours I would like to put my head in the wall because WAMP server simply refuse to get online and I had no idea hat going on. So here comes action open google search and found out so many answers and guess nothing worked. I need some thing that can solve the issue I re-install the WAMP disable my IIS but no progress Finally I managed to make the WAMP work. And I will List you the steps and the some tips if that will help you. I am sure that will help and yeah we'll track down that rascal stopping WAMP to go online :)


First Thing,

1) WampServer > Apache > Service >Test Port 80. This give me the following message: 

Some Message will pop up like this and show you which app is using port 80
------------- Your port 80 is actually used by : 
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5 ------------- 
2) Open the Application close it and make sure when they start they start after WAMP.

3) Make Sure SSRS(MS SQL Reporting )  is shutdown if you are using WAMP . 

4) Disbale IIS if nothing works because IIS and WAMP are sometime conflicting with each other


UPDATE : 02/06/2013
Ok I am writing an update for the same post because this time WAMP server again give me a pain in the @$$. But this Time nothing stated above worked. So I decided to trouble shoot more because I always believe one or other way these things will work. So Get Ready If the above steps fail in your situation also.

5) One thing is clear and must be remember problem is not your computer, its the software battle going inside the PC makes conflict and the better one win. So Remembering this strategy. I Focus my attention to Web products.

6) As I was scrolling down the Services, I found web deployment agent, And I disable that Guess My WAMP started to work like a charm. So Consider making it disable if WAMP is having problems.

P.S. If WAMP still not start then Take down Web services and and restart wamp again and again. One time you will see it must start all cost.

Take Care Guy if I found more about WAMP I will update over here

UPDATE : 08/16/2013
All of the above did'nt work so I finally banged my head into the wall. Nothing above work.
Before I finally decided to move to Linux I gave last shot and open the services, Promise to my self I'll close all services one by one it should work something is holding it.

1) I close SQL services
2) World Web publishing 
And Guess it worked.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts